When you are considering cosmetic surgery, you want a highly qualified doctor dedicated to providing outstanding care. When you choose a doctor who is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, you can be confident he or she meets nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge, experience and skills to provide high quality care in Board Certification goes above and beyond basic medical licensure. All Dallas Society of Plastic Surgery members are Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Plastic surgery involves many choices. Choosing a Dallas Society of Plastic Surgery member ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or in Canada by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®.
Sources: American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons